Pages

January 23, 2014

Valentines Day Burlap and Fabric Heart Banner



Isn't red an awesome color??
I'm still very much in love with my old red door, and after I took down my Christmas decorations, I wanted to keep it out....
Solution: give it a little Valentines Day love!




This simple banner took just a few minutes to make, and goes well with the shabby feel of the door.
First, I cut small burlap triangles (above).  I don't mind if it frays, so I left everything with raw edges.

Next, I cut hearts out of scrap fabric I had...


I set a heart on each burlap triangle.  Then, with my free motion quilting foot, I used red thread to go around and around the border.  I left 1/8" - 1/4" seam allowance from the raw edge, and let my lines go wiggly and crazy.


Finally, I hot glued the triangles to a piece of twine.


Now my formerly Christmas door is now a fun Valentine door!  And this kind of banner would be perfect for a mantel too.




For some other Valentine's Day inspiration, check out some of my previous posts:









image signature
Follow me on Facebook




Visit thecsiproject.com

4 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE that banner!!! Its just delicious on your beautiful red door! *I love it!*
    I see the wonderful rolls of printed burlap and I have yet to buy any. Standing
    in the store I have no inspiration, so I just walk away. I need to get it so I have
    it when the inspiration hits! You have made me brave, I'm buying it!!! ha! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Burlap is one of those things I don't use very often, but I'm always satisfied with the result when I do. It has a great rustic, natural quality that I love.
      Good luck with your projects!
      Lindsay

      Delete
  2. Found you through The CSI Project and I love this! So simple and sweet, I can't wait to try it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart this ;) Such a simple yet beautiful banner.

    ReplyDelete