Pages

December 20, 2014

Snowman Block Ornaments - Kids' Craft


The girls and I love doing crafts together, and while I was making gifts for their teachers, they wanted to make gifts for their friends!

When I saw these snowman block ornaments at Twin Dragonfly Designs, I loved them!  I knew it was something the girls could pull off - and they had a great time working on them.


I tried to find used blocks, but ended up purchasing these.  The girls liked picking out letters to match their friends' names, and they love to paint.  They did a couple of coats of white acrylic.  Then, we used the back end of a large paintbrush to make the dots for the eyes and mouth in black.  Now that I'm thinking about it, I wish we had tried q-tips.  I bet that would have been even easier!
Then they used a tiny paintbrush to paint on the orange noses.

I helped them to screw the hooks in the top, and hot glue torn strips of fabric around the bottom for a scarf...




I just love how they turned out!  They wrote love + their name on the bottom with a little permanent marker, and passed them out to their friends after school.  
It was nice watching the girls enjoy giving little presents, and this project was really fun to do together!
image signature
Follow me on Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment