I woke my husband up this morning with a "Merry Christmas a year and a half ago!" That is how long I have been working on this stocking after telling him I was making it for him. This pattern came from Shepherd's Bush but I used thread colors that I could find at my local craft store. Looking back on it, I would probably buy the entire kit from them if I did this again, instead of just buying the pattern and trying to piece it together myself. Still, I think the finished product turned out cute. It was not a very difficult pattern, and it sat around unfinished for a long time mostly because I was having trouble finding the right thread colors and embellishments.
Above is a picture before sewing and after sewing. I sewed the shape of a stocking with fabric right sides together, including a backing for the aida cloth. I left the top unsewn so I could fold it down twice and sew around the top. Before turning it right side out I snipped along the edges, toward the sewn line, about 1/4 inch apart to make it lay flat. Finally, I sewed a loop for hanging.
Below is a picture of our stockings side by side:) The second is one my mom made for me when I was a kid. Love it! We'll see if I ever get around to making our kids their own.