Pages

February 14, 2012

Mini Polaroid Magnets

 

I first saw this darling idea and tutorial on Pinterest here - and I have had it on my to do list for a while!
I LOVE how tiny they are, and polaroids are so fun and nostalgic. 
Plus, I LOVE magnets.  You can check out other magnets I have made here, here and here. 

They are actually very simple to make, and I made a couple of sets of Polaroid Magnets as gifts for an anniversary, a birthday and Valentines Day :)
And you know what's fun?  If you want to give these as a gift for a friend, you can go on Facebook and use some of their profile pictures (open up the pic, right click and say "Save Picture As").  That way, it is easy to make it a surprise!

Here are the supplies you need:
Packing Tape
Sticky Back Magnets (I used magnetic tape I found at the craft store in the exact width I needed for the mini polaroids!),
and The Pictures

Go over to Ambrosia Creative because she has a file you can download straight into photoshop that makes creating these mini polaroid pictures a snap!  It is a template for the polaroid shape, that you drop your pictures into, and it is all sized to print out as a 4x6 picture!

If you don't have photoshop, you could do this in Powerpoint (although the quality wouldn't be quite as good).  The "polaroid" shape is really just an offwhite rectangle, and you could put a little square picture inside it, offset so you have extra white space at the bottom. 
You could also take printed pictures, and cut out small portions and piece this together by hand with some white card stock as the background.


They are assembled by cutting out each polaroid shape, putting packing tape over the top of the photo (to protect it), and attaching it to the adhesive magnet (which you have cut to the correct size).
I also spray painted my magnet edges white, so that the 1/8" thick magnet edges extended the "polaroid" look. 

So, if you love magnets as much as I do, you will love making these cuties!
So glad you stopped by!!
image signature
Follow me on Facebook



10 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Linds! I'm going to give it a try sometime. I'll let you know how they come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this. I am going to have it add it to my list of crafts to make. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had photoshop, these are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOO i love these! I wonder if the file will work with photoshop elements. I'll have to try! Thanks for the tutorial!I'm your newest follower :)
    Stay Crafty x0x0
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!
    Came over from Flamingo Toes Think Pink Sundays.
    Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ~Michele of By Your Side
    http://michele-byyourside.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute. I made a similar set of magnets using sticky gram (stickgram.com). I chose a bunch of family pics and my two year old has a blast playing with them on the fridge. It's a great distraction if I'm trying to cook dinner as well!
    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are super cute!!! Would love for you to stop by and link up! ;)

    www.uncommondesignsonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good stuff! Also, for anyone looking to use Photoshop to turn photos into polaroids (polaroid frame around photo), check out this quick Photoshop Action: Polaroid Photoshop Action

    ReplyDelete